This Eight Week Mindfulness Course is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
The core skill that you will learn is mindfulness: a way of paying attention on purpose and non-judgementally to what goes on in the present moment in your body, mind and the world around you. Extensive scientific research into mindfulness training consistently reveals its effectiveness in enhancing health and well-being. Some of these benefits include:
- Reductions in stress, anxiety, depression and exhaustion – and an increase in positive emotions, resilience and well-being
- A stronger immune system, helping you to fight off illness more effectively
- An increased capacity for focus, attention, learning, memory, creativity and concentration
- A greater ability to regulate your emotions and to feel kind and compassionate towards ourselves and others
- Heightened self-confidence and assertiveness
Most importantly, living mindfully allows us to be more present and truly savour happy moments in our life while not getting carried away by life’s difficulties but to master them gracefully with calm.
In a group context (5–10 participants), you will learn key practices in mindfulness that you can directly apply in daily life. Home practice is an important part of the course, and each participant commits to practice meditations and ‘being in the moment’ during your everyday tasks for at least 40 minutes, six days a week, between each meeting. In our weekly sessions, we share and explore our different experiences in practicing the art of being present for your live.
* possible to pay in instalments or request a discount for students, pensioners and unemployed. If you want to take the course but do not have the financial possibilities, please contact me to find a solution.